02 December 2013

The day it happened

That tiny ringtone chime startled me, the afternoon of November 25th, but I was grateful that it did.

"Spring in London" appeared at the top of the screen. My eyes lit up, I grimaced, and braced for the worst.



The moment I got to my bedroom, I was already dreading the message as my computer started up. I mean, what were the chances?

The study abroad programs in the University of Washington are highly competitive. I was barely getting through my two years at UW-Tacoma (and I mean that in personal ways).

Then the email began with "Congratulations!" and a squealing noise erupted from my mouth.

"You hear that? I'm going to go to there!"
I am so thankful for the many people that have given me words of encouragement. My family, friends, and professors who've all been supportive.

It's been a week, but it hasn't fully settled. I'm kind of in a trance right now.

~ Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment