22 December 2013

The not-so-subtle surprise

It's been almost a full month since I was officially accepted to the study abroad program.

Since then, I've allowed several people to know about this big news.



I told some faculty about it, since a few of them helped me in the process and others I felt would have some good words to say.

A few friends of mine know, though I will continue to tell more in the coming days. :D

"Is your homestay family gonna let you sleep under the stairs?"
When I told my grandfather, he was excited in his own way. In his typical fashion, he was first surprised, then he started telling me some history facts about London during World War II, then he asked me about the program itself. Gotta love my Lolo Daddy!

But I have been wanting to keep this information on the down-low until after Christmas, but it seems that this information isn't something to keep lightly especially since my Lolo told me to report to some relatives last night.

It was fun, though! They were all very happy for me and we got a few Harry Potter jokes in there. (See picture...hahahaha)

One of my cousins has had a lot of experience abroad doing studies, ministry, and education related excursions.

We talked a lot of the stuff that all kinds of students would need to know when going abroad.

So, for the next few days, I'll be revealing more about this program to more family and friends. I'm excited!

But the paperwork is still going on. Gotta get my passport, visa, and other study abroad stuff taken care of.

Until next time.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment