While me and the rest of our class laments about or individual countdowns of the days we have left in London, I spent some of it attempting to make up for the things I still haven't done yet that I can for sure do.
That involved a visit to Peter Pan, a little more theatre, exciting marching, an uncomfortable feeling of losing something, and then gaining a new perspective on that situation, then finding a silver lining in those moments in between.
Day 66
We had our literature class in Kensington Gardens to see the Peter Pan statue there. There's something a bit magical of having seen the statue of a fictional character that you grew up with in some sort of permanent, physical form. It's almost like seeing your imaginary friend solidified right in front of you!
| J.M. Barrie insisted that the statue be built here - where Peter landed as a baby. |
Afterwards, some of us in a project group went to eat at New Malden where a large Korean community is located and where there would be delicious Korean food. Yummmm!
Finally, later that night, I ventured to another show and saw "Blithe Spirit", starring Dame Angela Lansbury!
| This was a funny show! She was excellent, as well as the entire cast. |
Day 67
I was told that you can't go to London and not see the guards of the Queen. I even considered going to a Changing of the Guards viewing one morning, but I felt that the Trooping the Colours event made up for it because this was something way more grander in scale.
The Trooping the Colours rehearsal is preparation for Queen Elizabeth's birthday event on June 14th. Wow, were these guards amazing. I recorded some videos, but perhaps I can upload them another time. I did take loads of pictures, though!
Here are a small number:
| Near the beginning of the program. |
| The cavalry! |
| So many horses. |
| Post-event. Some regulars walking by. |
Right after the event, I had the great inconvenience of discovering that my travelcard, a transportation pass that I rely heavily on for commuting, was gone. I know I dropped it somewhere and I couldn't find it on me or anywhere I may have left it.
This whole ordeal lasted about 2 hours and I finally got a new one later. That was enough to make me want to go home and sleep because I was way too stressed to go anywhere else.
Day 68
After a much needed night's sleep, I did a bit of laundry and met with Auntie Antonette and Auntie Evelyn for High Tea in Dulwich (pronounced Dul-litch). It was very delicious and I enjoyed getting a chance to see them before I left for the states on Saturday.
The cafe we went to was really good! I was told by a professor later on that East Dulwich is currently a very posh place, so I was wondering if that is where we were or we just happened to be in a very nice area of the neighborhood. I definitely enjoyed the experience and the weather was good enough to have tea outside.
Day 69
This was our second to last day for our Theatre class and our wrap up of our theatre-going experience. We went to see the play "A View From The Bridge" which is written by the very famous playwright, Arthur Miller.
To some our surprise, we found out that the very famous actor Mark Strong was playing the lead in the play. Personally, I enjoyed the play, as did some, and others had different feelings. Like all of our experiences, we each had polarized feelings, but we all agreed that Mark Strong was still cool to watch.
Day 70
On this day, we wrapped up our Victorian Literature class and had our second to last Contemporary Britain class. It was a very easy going day and not too much happened except a lot of reflection on our time here in London.
I don't feel to bad, but I also feel a sense of thrill to bring home all the things I experienced. For these next three days, I know I will make the most of them as much as I can!
No comments:
Post a Comment