25 June 2014

There and back again - Post-London

It all started near Thanksgiving time when I received my email for the prospect of studying abroad. Wow, how time flies! My little blog has been stuffed filled with little updates on the exciting things I've done in London and beyond and it still feels like I haven't let it settle in.

View of London from the Aquashard.
Now, I'm working through my first week of summer quarter classes at UWT while going through a growing list of things to do since returning home. There are still plenty of good friends I must visit and chores to be done (urgh).

I do intend to keep this blog up so that I can reminisce and for family and friends to browse through it!

But I'm not longer updating posts about London! Right?

I think that, per request, I might do a few extra things now and then. For example, I might occasionally write long posts related to the stories I haven't put on past posts that can be revealed. Or, I can answer questions I get from people.

Maybe it's because I am still missing the experience I had in London. If I wasn't careful, I'd think that I just returned home after a long weekend trip. Only, it wasn't a weekend.

It's like I've emerged after a long nap on the plane and looked at all the familiar things that I can recognize as "Home". While I was in the shuttle in Sea-Tac Airport, I had a weird moment where I thought I was in the Tube. Watching the traffic on the I-5 made me feel like I hadn't left at all. (The sunny, warm weather was a nice change)

By the time I got home, I looked at all the familiar things in the house that hadn't changed much. Also, my room is still a mess.

So it's not the end. At least, not for me. I've been told that this won't be the last time I travel abroad, which I intend to be one of my major goals in life.

Until next time...?


No comments:

Post a Comment