Today, however was mix of highs and lows:
- Commuter traffic: Wow, they are not kidding about Oyster cards and Londoner's diligent use of the Tube. Don't mess with a person trying to get to work on time. Also, even if you think you know that you can cross the city traffic efficiently, you don't. Follow the green pedestrian light.
- These boots were made for walking(?): If I was told I'd be walking around Central London for 4-hours observing everything from the narrow old streets of Conduit road to the bustling commercial-plastered tourist hub of Picadilly Circus, I would have considered better shoes. In fact, I should have realized that the moment I thought my new shoes were "decent".
- WEATHER: Ugghh, the wind was chilling. And then suddenly there would be breaks in the clouds, though that didn't last long.
- Architecture in London: There seems to be a recurring pattern of architects building things over another in an attempt to appeal to the finer things in life that they thought was nice.
- Talk like a Londoner: Names like "Leicester" and "Thames" are not pronounced like how they look. Just know that now. (btw, it's pronounced LES-TER and TAMS)
- Victorian's and what's "behind" them: Boy, did this provide laughs and raised eyebrows from one of our professors...about the fixation of Victorian's appreciation for a fine posterior. *
Until next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment