01 May 2014

Day 37 - Epic times in the Highlands

There is beauty in every crack and crevice in this mystical country. Taking a 12-hour coach tour around the Scottish Highlands was completely worth every pound.

The trip included breathtaking views of the misty vistas carved from ancient glacial paths and gorgeous lakes that stretched further down deep river basins. 

Of course, the main highlight was a 1-hour ferry cruise around Loch Ness!


Pictures just don't seem to do it justice when I look back at my photos, but they are going to be wonderful stories to tell when I return stateside!

There were so many castles along the trip! One of them I took a picture of right on Loch Ness, Urqhart Castle. 


Some castles were abandoned and left for ruin. Others are still maintained with a lot of funding. We even passed by many sites of famous battles, like William Wallace (Braveheart, anyone?). Also, a lot more history on some famous royals, like the ill-fated Mary, Queen of Scots. 

This whole day has been a wonderful opportunity to see this country away from the bustling city. I always love seeing rolling hills and towering mountains, much like home. 

If only I could take Nessie home with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment