18 May 2014

Day 54 - "ever yours truly..."

Today, I had the chance to visit the house where John Keats lived in!

My knowledge of Keats' life is about as short as his own life, though that's what I expected to find in the charming little house. Although it's simple in the assorted artifacts of his life and work, there is still something I connected with when I visited since I love reading his poetry.




The front of his house.

His death mask...

Where Keats sat to write poetry.

A copy of Keats' handwritten version of "Bright Star"!
I suppose the movie by Jane Campion, "Bright Star", supplemented my desire to visit the home. The shop was selling copies of the movie there, and the tour guide mentioned the Keats Society's involvement with the film.

The area itself was beautiful, especially on that day because of the beautiful weather! I wouldn't mind going back to that place if I had more chances to go there. Maybe for the sake of my creative writing. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment