In order to hit all the points, I'll present them in bullet format~
- Thursday
- An interesting trip to the British Museum that became an excuse to become a creepy paparazzi for our class assignment. Our professor let us loose to take pictures of strangers in and around the museum. At first we were reluctant, then after posting our pictures on our private Facebook page, we realized that we took some interesting observations of people. Huh.
- Friday
- I was amazed by how much the locals relied on public transportation once more when the Underground tubes were experiencing some delays. So, Brie and I took the Overground, and from that point we managed to make it to our destination for the day. For this excursion, we visited two houses in the Kensington neighborhood. One was the Sambourne house that belonged to a famous cartoonist of the Victorian era, and the other was Friedric Leighton, a renowned artist of the same period, both houses being impressive for their own aesthetics. The day was short after the visits and I spent the rest of the day back at home after forgetting my wallet (but not my travelcard!)
- Saturday
- There was nothing much happening during the day, but it was the nighttime event that mattered most. Another one of our classmates had a birthday!! We went to a pub, then went bowling (which in England is called "Tempered Bowling", the American version, because there's an English version...) That was so much fun, I can't believe that we actually managed to pull this one off! It must have been because we were all in such good company on that Saturday night that our friend, Holly, state that this was the best birthday in her memory. :D
- Sunday
- This was laundry day. That's all. Clean clothes = gooooood~
- Also...MOTHER'S DAY!!! (US version)
- Monday
- Victorian Lit and Theatre classes were devoted to preparing us for the big trip to Stratford-upon-Avon!!! I'm so excited!
| The back of Leighton's house |
| "I'll just have the water on tap. No ice, please." |
That was all that you missed in this installment of my life. The trip is going to be so much fun, I anticipate. We'll be seeing "Henry IV parts 1 & 2", and a rarely performed play called "The Roaring Girls".
Here's to two days of unexpected fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment