Because I've been so busy, I've combined all my major points into one post, so here we go!
We got to see more of the Royal Mile due to the much needed cloud breaks over the course of the day. Before that, we walked all the way to a majestic place called Holyrood Park. It's like a walkable mountain!
| It's hard to know the scale of this place! |
| Amazing view from our walk. |
Then, we took a break at a cafe, then visited the National Gallery of Scotland, saw the Walter Scott monument, and visited a small little Writer's Museum. For dinner, we stopped by a falafel restaurant and called it a day!
The next day, we slept in for a bit, then had breakfast. It felt like a very long day because we had to check out of the hotel, wait at the train station for our train, then sit in the train for 4 1/2 hours to get back to London.
I will say that it feels strange that I can say "Oh, yes. I'm back in London and I can finally sleep in my bed!"
A lot has happened while I was away. I've kept track of the events, but there has been a worker's strike for the London Underground, which caused a lot of problems here and there. If they don't resolve the problem, there might be another one this week, which I cringe to think about since we have a lot of class time to do.
For now, I'm doing laundry and resting all day. There has been a lot of things happening and I'm just glad that I can relax for now.
Here's to a much needed rest, and a little luck, for being back in London!
I will say that it feels strange that I can say "Oh, yes. I'm back in London and I can finally sleep in my bed!"
A lot has happened while I was away. I've kept track of the events, but there has been a worker's strike for the London Underground, which caused a lot of problems here and there. If they don't resolve the problem, there might be another one this week, which I cringe to think about since we have a lot of class time to do.
For now, I'm doing laundry and resting all day. There has been a lot of things happening and I'm just glad that I can relax for now.
Here's to a much needed rest, and a little luck, for being back in London!
No comments:
Post a Comment