I KNEW THOSE YEARS OF READING SHAKESPEARE PLAYS WOULD PAY OFF.
Can you remember how many plays by William Shakespeare you had to read in school? Have you seen any of them performed in an actual production on stage?
I have the privilege of saying yes to both. But now I have to add the fact that I've seen TWO Shakespeare plays performed in Shakespeare's hometown and the original site of the Globe Theatre.
Can you think of how many times you've had to learn about the spotty life of Shakespeare in order to delve into the plays and sonnets he worked on?
Can you think of how those plays were performed in the olden days?
Can you imagine THIS:
| THE STAGE |
| THE DEEP THRUST DESIGN |
| WE STRAIGHT UP DID GROUNDLINGS-STYLE VIEWING |
Now, we all have our say on Shakespeare, as a mystery, as a literary figure, as a historical figure, and everything in between. Heck, some may even say they don't like his work at all. But I forgot all of it when I saw "Much Ado About Nothing".
This touring group was phenomenal! This production will probably be among the best memory of theatre experiences I've had yet. I'll never forget it.
No comments:
Post a Comment