In the same spirit of yesterday's mild activities, my Sunday was spent in a mild manner. This time, I spent part of it with a fellow study abroad classmate and friend, Selam. We took a leisurely stroll around Muswell Hill and even I saw some things that I didn't get to see my first few times around!
We had lunch over at a cafe chain called Costas, which I would think is the same level of popularity as Starbucks (and there are plenty of those around here!). After maybe an hour in the cafe, we explored the various stores and even got a cool view of the city of London from one side of the hill.
What I find fascinating about Muswell Hill is how many bargain shops are here among the more pricey shops. There is so much around here to see if, say, I'd like to get a nice blouse for 5 GBP.
After a quick stop at the 99p Store, Selam and I walked to my house for a short visit. I showed her around while my host family were entertaining some friends. While we kept out of their way, we talked a bit, and then eventually she went home.
While the guests were still here, Brie and I happened to walk in when they decided to ask us about our study abroad program. Through this little conversation, I got some worthwhile tips on travel planning for when I need to look online for good deals! So far, it seems Eurostar is worth a try in terms of traveling to different countries.
I'm told that places like Paris are good for even a short weekend trip, which was one of the many possible places I had in mind, too! Hopefully, I'll try my best to plan some short trips, as well. As for the 10-day break, which is just two weeks away, I hope I can have a better idea once I see how my entire quarter looks as I go about this week.
Tomorrow is my Theatre class, which I'm hoping will not be postponed like last (knock on wood). Until the next update!
No comments:
Post a Comment