For now, I'll recap in bullet format:
- New SIM
- Theatre Class antics
- Dinner time fun
- Travel time fun
- Beer talk
- Another Country + and meeting the cast
But I'll take the time now to elaborate a little more on those topics.
There is a lot of time I have before my first class on Monday because it starts at 2pm, so I figured that once and for all I should go buy a SIM card for my iPhone.
That was a quick and easy process for only 10 GBP on a 30 day plan. Thank you, Vodafone!
And then, Brie and I had lunch before heading to Theatre class. That was a fun period of drama exercise and a rundown on the play we were to watch that night, Another Country.
| Mmmm, some meat pies...and coffee! |
After class, I was very hungry, and I know that some people had plans to burn time before the play, but I could only think of food. Fortunately, a small group formed because they had the same plan. I tagged along with a quirky bunch, maybe to some people that would seem daunting, yet it was all fun! Not a dull moment those 2-and-a-half hours.
With a no-go stint at visiting the British Museum (it was closing by the time we swung by around 5pm), our group made the trip to Trafalgar Studios to see Another Country.
There was beer involved, though I didn't really take part of the drinking portion, but it was fun to be a part of a funny conversation involving songs of Barry Manilow and Disney films. Just imagine my reactions. Hahaha.
| What do you call a "bar fly" in London? |
| They sure are pints. |
Then, the play was our focus, and I enjoyed that immensely. Another Country is a play set in the 1930s based on the infamous story of the Cambridge spies, fusing comedy and stark drama dealing with the prestigious boarding schools for English Boys.
I got a chance to meet the actors for the play with a handful of us who wanted to try and get pictures and autographs. I have a feeling that these young actors will be very important some day and I am fortunate to have witnessed this. :D
| Bill Milner as "Wharton" |
| Bob Callendar as "Bennett" |
| Will Attenborough as "Judd" |
All in all, it was a thrilling experience after a very mellow weekend of laundry and errands. I'm ready to set the ball rolling, now!
No comments:
Post a Comment