25 April 2014

Days 27-31 - The SUPER update!

As I write, I am preparing my bags for the Mid-Term break. I've been so busy trying to make sure that all my laundry is folded and packed away and my plans are finalized.

But this whole week has been so busy, I had to make a blog post for the end of the week!



So here's a brief overview of the things that happened:

  • Monday: Greenwich trip and Pub Crawl -- in the rain
    • Greenwich is a beautiful little neighborhood with lots of old buildings and a huge hill to see the Royal Observatory. It overlooks the London skyline and comes across as an ancient Steampunk museum where Time itself was born.
    • I don't drink, but it sure was fun watching others drink in our Pub Crawl around some pubs in London. It's a great opportunity to see the city at night while the river sparkles under the rain.
  • Tuesday: Victorian Literature and Contemporary Britain class, and a Birthday!
    • The highlight of this day was the little get-together for a friend's birthday. He turned 24 and wanted to invite us all to a pub for drinks. It just so happened that our other friend had his birthday on Easter.  I thought it'd be fun to bring some little party stuff from the 99p(ence) store as a surprise, which we 7 enjoyed. I wonder what we'll do for the other birthdays.
  • Wednesday: Theatre class, "Baker Street", TARDIS hunting, and "Dorian Gray: The Musical"(?!)
    • After our class this day, a couple friends and I went to find the BBC Sherlock's version of Baker Street over near Euston station, then we went over to Earl's Court to find an old blue Police phone box. Word of advice: it's not that hard to find if you stop to take a look!
    • And yes, you read right: "Dorian Gray: The Musical". There were many comments about this production, but all I can say is...oh.
  • Thursday: Theatre class, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
    • The visit to Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park was so fun! I'll definitely visit again because the park is very nice and I would like to swim in the Aquatics center. Imagine that.
  • Friday: Thomas Carlyle's house in Chelsea
    • Despite the dreary weather, this old neighborhood is a charming little area that is obviously a place for wealthier people. The house of Thomas Carlyle is actually quite nice and excellently kept up over the decades. Also, the Gail's bakery is amazing.
Well, that's all for now! I won't be updating as much from a laptop, so it'll be interesting to try with a smartphone. If that doesn't work, I'll just update when I am able on May 4th!

I'll leave some pictures here. Until next post!
Monday - On a boat to Greenwich down the Thames.

Monday - Greenwich Mean Time happened here.

Monday - Some lovely architecture in Greenwich.

Monday - The beautiful Painted Banquet Hall.

Monday - Intense game of Connect 4 in a pub.

Monday - Irish car bombs with our professor. (Fun story here!)

Monday - A pub near Borough Market.

Thursday - Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park!

Thursday - Fun looking playground.

Thursday - This is angled kind of funny...

Thursday - Much better.

Friday - Thomas Carlyle statue...sitting pretty.

Friday - beautiful wisteria flowers.


No comments:

Post a Comment