11 April 2014

Day 15 - Always look on the bright side of life!

This was a very long day, but worth the experience because of the trip to Hampton Court and watching Spamalot!

The day was an early one for me and Brie. Getting to our destination became quite a journey mainly because we had to get there for the 9:45 train over at Vauxhall station. The train itself wasn't so bad, but I was very tired!




Once we got there, it was like being transported into a storybook because of the quaint little town feeling of the surrounding houses and buildings in a row, and then you walk down this bridge to the entrance of the old palace of the royal family.

The sun beamed down on the richly colored gardens and lawn that it all seemed too good to be real! But thanks to the much needed spring rain, the whole area was beautifully scenic that I couldn't help but feel like I was actually in a movie.

Here are some

One side of the palace.

Some tulips, one of the many flowers in the entire place!

An entry way to the court.

One of many beautiful gardens!
I've put the rest of the pictures on flickr, as well!!

We walked in and out of the palace while our professor, Peter, tried to find the rest of the areas to visit that weren't being restored or closed off from the public. Even then, we still saw a lot of things, like the Grand Banquet Hall and the amazing Chapel that did not allow photography.

I couldn't help but think of shows like "The Tudors" and movies like "Young Victoria" that showcased the lives of some of the kings and queens that lived here. So much history that's left for the whole world to see!

Finally, after a long day, Brie and I made our way back to London so we could watch Spamalot.

We ate at Pizza Express and spent our time walking around Trafalgar square and near the Thames river.

My pizza. YESSS!
The show, Spamalot, is everything I expect from a Monty Python show, including more! I think the whole production was brilliant, filled with the usual Python humor, and fantastic production overall. If my brother is reading this, the actor for Patsy was brilliant.

Afterwards, we went home and collapsed in our beds. What a day!




No comments:

Post a Comment