15 April 2014

Day 20 & 21 - Hello, sunshine!

Wow, this is already such a nice week with all the sunshine we've been having! Weather is something that is hard to ignore when in London.

For this post, I'm combining entries on two different days because of how busy I've been.

On Monday, it was dedicated mostly to the Theatre class, then on Tuesday, today, has been about Victorian Literature and Contemporary Britain.

With all the free time I have in the morning, I managed to do some errands and picked up some slippers and things so that I can function a little easier. It's amazing how much a pair of cheap slippers can do to make one feel comfier.

The show that we saw was Home, which is a more modern-day story that is based on real-life accounts of urban homeless youths of East End London. The whole experience of that show was fantastic and it really stuck with me and a lot of other of my peers.

Before the show, I got some wonderful pictures of the outside of the National Theatre in the late afternoon sunset!
People have a lot to say about the building itself.

The Shed, an extension of the National Theatre

Cute sunset picture of the Thames, of course.

A little perspective of the front!
And then today's class was on Victorian Literature and Contemporary Britain, which I always found uniquely similar because of how one class focuses on the past while the other is on the present. When in London, people here can't escape history without walking through the streets.

Tomorrow, the moment we've all anticipated, is the long trip to Stonehenge, Stourhead, and Avebury. It's a long day ahead, but worth the whole the thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment