20 April 2014

Day 25 & 26 - A spontaneous Easter weekend

Whew! What a weekend. At this point, making the most of spare time becomes a task all on itself. London is a city with loads to do and if you have an idea, GO FOR IT.

Saturday, I happen to spend time with some extended family here in London. It was the first time I have met most of them and they were wonderful for letting me visit.

These relatives are related to an aunt who is married to my mom's cousin. So basically, when I was being introduced, I was "Charlotte's husband's niece". We had barbecue and had a great time!

A game a poker happening, sitting with Auntie Evelyn!

Me and Auntie Antonette!
Before I had to go home, they all wanted to make sure that I come visit one more time before I leave for Seattle. I even have to plan a weekend to have afternoon tea with my aunts!

So, Easter Sunday rolled around and I have a plan to just do whatever things I had to do for the rest of the day --- OR --- have dim sum with some friends and wander around London.

I met with them in Chinatown in Leicester square, where the weather had finally met with the forecast. It rained a little, then it poured lots.

Finally -- some rain.

Stopped by a bakery!

YESSS~
Eventually, we wandered around for a couple hours and ended up near the London Eye. From there, we came across a huge gaming arcade where we spent some time playing. There was even a "Dance Dance Revolution" game from when I was a kid, which brought back some serious memories.

Finally, with the rain subsiding, we decided to head home and get warm.

Now, this is the week before everyone goes out for the mid-term break! How spontaneous can we get this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment