My Friday was such a calm end of this whirlwind of an educational trip. The morning started with hoping that the Picadilly line didn't stop during its usual journey, then our Victorian Literature class continued without a hitch! I'm gonna be honest that I am still behind on the Oliver Twist reading, but I'm at a good part, so I'll spend some time this weekend reading to catch up!
Later, we ate at a place called Gelato Mio, which had really delicious gelato, though some people have had experiences with service left to be desired, I didn't mind at all, so long as I got my gelato. I wouldn't want to be duped, though.
Since I am a temporary resident on a study abroad excursion, I needed my amenities for the duration of the program. In short, I needed to go shop for shampoo. Brie told me of a store called the 99p[ence] Store, which is the equivalent to the $1 Stores back home. And wow! What a bargain!
With our day winding down at a slow pace, Brie and I tried to burn time back at our homestay. We were pretty burnt out, even when we tried to watch The Hobbit (which I would normally watch from beginning to end!), I had to sleep!
We'll see what this weekend has in store for me! I know I got some laundry to do. :D
Jillian, I really like your writing style. You chose the perfect major! I feel like I'm reading a chapter from a book you wrote, not a blog. Great job!
ReplyDelete